Innovative staging supports tertiary learning within new interim library at ACU’s Canberra Campus.
Sandrick Project Directions were awarded the tender to provide project management services for the delivery of three stages of the Master Plan for Australian Catholic University at their Watson A.C.T Campus.
Reporting to the Major Projects Division of the Property Directorate, the Master Plan involved the development of a new nursing science and paramedicine learning facility and a new library and learning commons for the entire campus. The Master Plan necessitated that the first stage of new facilities be located where the existing campus library was located. Operational and Master Planning constraints dictated that an “interim library” be created.
Working in close collaboration with the existing campus staff, consultant team and client, Sandrick coordinated the successful procurement, build, fit-out and commissioning of the interim library within a 12 week period from inception to occupation including:
- Construction and fit-out of modular library
- Construction and fit-out of linkway
- Removal and relocation of library facilities and resources
- Construction of a pedestrian and DDA compliant path
- Wrapping of facade in ACU branding
- BCA compliance and authority approvals within a temporary structure
- Campus linked security, services and ICT installations