An adaptive re-use development composed upon a purposeful collaboration of education, technology and sport.
Sandrick Pty. Ltd. was engaged by Knox Grammar School as Project Managers for the design development and delivery of the refurbishment of the existing Lawson Sports Centre located in Wahroonga, Sydney, Australia.
Sandrick managed the design development, authority approval and construction phases of this refurbishment project which was successfully completed within a fully operational educational environment.
The project incorporated the upgrade and refurbishment of sporting facilities including:
- Indoor sports courts
- Squash court upgrade
- Digital signage and electronic scoring system
- New entry lobby and staff office areas
- B.C.A. and P.O.P.E. compliance upgrade works
- Acoustic performance upgrade
- New ventilation system
- Amenities upgrade works
- New sports flooring system
Sandrick Pty. Ltd. provided a tailored suite of professional services to this client including:
- Project Brief Development
- Existing Facilities Auditing
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Design Management
- Authority Approval Management
- Tender and Procurement Management
- Contract Development and Administration
- Superintendent Services
- Project Management
- Principal Contractor Management
- Procurement Management
This project transformed the existing indoor sporting facilities into a contemporary indoor sporting stadium offering a combination of flexible teaching modes within a fully compliant built environment.