Transforming a conventional junior school campus into a contemporary learning environment for future generations.
Sandrick Pty. Ltd. was engaged by Redlands S.C.E.C.G.S as Project Managers for the design development, approvals management, tender process and delivery of a new educational development for their Junior Campus located on Murdoch Street in Cremorne, Sydney, Australia.
Sandrick managed the design development, authority approval, building tender and construction phases of this project which was successfully completed within a fully operational Yr 3 – Yr 6 educational environment.
The project incorporated the demolition of an existing three storey building and the construction of a new educational development providing a range of new facilities including:
- 11 new classrooms
- New junior library
- New canteen
- Indoor multi-purpose sports court
- New change rooms and amenities
- Sporting equipment storage facilities
- Reception and administration staff accommodation
- Underground car park with student pick-up and drop-off facilities
- New educational playground and outdoor learning space
- New external sports field
- New external hard court sports facility
- Roof terrace
One of this project’s critical success factors was the detailed development of a staging and construction sequence which enabled major demolition and construction activities to occur within a fully operational primary education facility.
Sandrick developed a successful construction staging strategy which, in conjunction with a comprehensive communications plan and the support of the school community, enabled the school to operate effectively throughout the redevelopment process.
Sandrick Pty. Ltd. provided a tailored suite of professional services to this client including:
- Project Brief Development
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Design Coordination Management
- Authority Approval Management
- Tender and Procurement Management
- Contract Development and Administration
- Superintendent Services
- Project Management
- Principal Contractor Management
- Procurement Management
This project created a unique set of new teaching and learning spaces which complimented the existing facilities and expanded the capacity of the Junior School campus. The campus was transformed via the creation of a new entry on Allister Street and the positioning of new facilities to surround the prominent and central outdoor playing field.