The Mabel Fidler Building: A resource centre and central hub within an educational community committed to inspiring teaching and learning environments.
Sandrick Pty. Ltd. was engaged by Ravenswood School for Girls, Gordon, as Project Managers for the design development and delivery of a new resource centre for their senior campus.
“The Mabel Fidler Building at Ravenswood is an exemplar for advances in the relationship between educational environments and contemporary learning”… Source A.I.A.
The project incorporated a range of new facilities including:
- Senior resource centre and junior library
- New main and student reception
- Administration and executive offices
- 8 classrooms
- Cafeteria, commercial kitchen, coffee shop and year 12 lounge
- Senior student study
- External learning spaces and critical pedestrian links to the balance of the campus
Building upon a new Master Plan for the campus, Sandrick managed the design development process combining the aspirations of the school executive, teachers and student community with the key principles and design elements prescribed by the Master Plan.
The Mabel Fidler Building not only creates innovate and supportive learning environments, but strongly relates to and improves vertical and horizontal interconnections with the wider campus, improving student circulation and providing a diverse range of inviting courtyards and informal learning spaces.
Sandrick Pty. Ltd. provided a tailored suite of professional services to this client including:
- Project Brief Development
- Existing Facilities Auditing
- Master Planning
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Design Management
- Authority Approval Management
- Tender and Procurement Management
- Contract Development and Administration
- Project Management
- Principal Contractor Management
- Superintendent Responsibilities
This project has transformed the learning experience for students and staff and supports Ravenswood’s progressive approach to excellence in teaching and learning.
This successful project received the following industry recognition:
- Suleman Medal for Public Architecture
- A.I.A. National Award for Public Architecture
- M.B.A. Award for Excellence in Building
- High Commendation – Steel Design Awards